Price Family News

The day to day life of our family...no major excitement but full of love and joy.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Growing Up Too Fast!

We put Collin into a toddler bed this past Friday. It's a race car and he really likes it. He has slept fine in it and does not get up at all at night or during nap time. The front is a slant and he likes to slide down it. He has already figured out that it has a lot more spring to it than his crib mattress did and enjoys jumping up and down. I sold his crib and am purchasing a white one for Addison's room. I cried last night. I know it probably has a lot to do with being hormonal right now but selling his crib was really sad. It made me realize that I was selling the first bed he ever slept in and that he is growing up so fast. He's not a little baby physically anymore, but he will always be my baby. I was pretty emotional last night. It's just an object but it represents so much. Being a parent and experiencing the devotion and love that comes with that is overwhelming at times. Collin has been such a blessing and a joy and he is moving into a new phase now and it's just hard to grasp. Soon his little sister will be here and there will be even more love to go around and I am so excited about that. Babies and toddlers are certainly a strain on the emotions and finances, but I wish they would stay little longer. I just can't put into words how I feel about Collin and if you aren't a parent, there is no way to understand it. I do recommend to those that are not parents though to welcome the possibility with open arms...you won't be disappointed in your experience no matter how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home