Price Family News

The day to day life of our family...no major excitement but full of love and joy.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bottle Battle

Collin is extremely attached to his bottle. He gets 3 a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I really want him to move to the sippy cup. I got one for him with the soft spout. If it's during the day and I put water in it, he will knaw on it for a while, but he does not really drink it. If I give him his milk in his sippy cup at any feeding times, he has a fit. Should I just let him cry until he decides to drink the milk out of the sippy? And what if he never does, do I just let him starve? His milk is a large part of his diet right now because his appetite is not so great. The past couple of weeks, he's been eating less and seems to be pickier than usual. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Comments:

Blogger HONEY said...

As with anything else, it is an adjustment that just takes time. He will not starve to death. BUT...he might scream enough to make you THINK he is! :-)

I agree w/Betsey, just start w/eliminating 1 bottle at a time. Also, rewarding his acceptance of the sippie cup w/the hugs & confirmation of him being a big boy might help. Everyone likes a pat on the back, even little guys! :-)

6/12/06, 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home