Price Family News

The day to day life of our family...no major excitement but full of love and joy.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Cuddly Collin

Ever since Collin's recent illness, he's a lot more cuddly. In the mornings, when he has finished his bottle, he just wants me to hold him for a little while. He curls his arms up between his chest and mine and lays on my shoulder. It is the sweetest thing and it has become a morning ritual. He is certainly more clingy to me around people he does not know very well. I used to wonder if he truly knew I was his Mommy, but there is no doubt about it now.
It is amazing to me how quickly babies change. For example, Collin used to love to take medicine, I guess the flavor made him think it was a treat. Then, he just decided he did not like it anymore. He has a cold now and so I've been giving him liquid meds and for the most part he resists. This morning though, he let me give it to him. It was like he knew he was going to get it no matter what so he might as well not fight me. He knows what he likes and dislikes regarding food just from the sight of it. He has favorite toys he clings too like his teddy bear he would not let go of today. He knows those people who are closest to him like Mrs. Jackie and his Aunt Jenni. His face lights up when he sees them. It's just really cool to see him develop his own personality.
He is the love of his parents!!

I should probably give an update on Garner. Clinicals are going very well. He is really enjoying it other than the fact that his feet hurt from standing all day. He has the coolest stories to tell. Yesterday, they removed some guys jaw and re-set it. It was a 6 hour surgery. He has a very interesting job now and I'm so proud of him for doing so well! The lead tech guy there told him he would get a job offer from Baptist because he knows his stuff and because he is a guy. Supposedly, hospitals are trying to hire more men in this predominantly woman-based field because they don't gossip as much, they just get the job done. I can understand how that would be.

Oh, and Garner and I are going on our Jamaica trip in August that we have been planning for a year. It's getting close, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger HONEY said...

Congrats to Garner! I remember those days back in the O.R. Yes, it is a cool place to work & a neat job. One thing my instructor said was..."every patient means THE WORLD to someone - Treat them that way! I never forgot that. Oh yeah...and a great pair of socks & shoes are a MUST! :-)

5/20/06, 6:56 AM  
Blogger gprf26 said...

He bought some Birkentocks on the second day of duty! His feet were killing him!

5/22/06, 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home