Price Family News

The day to day life of our family...no major excitement but full of love and joy.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Job Opportunity

You all know that I am currently in the job that I am in due to my previous employer selling his company and my job being eliminated. So, I took this job for it's security. Now that I have been here for almost two months, I want to say that I love the people I am working with, but I don't love my job. This is just not what I want to do for a long time. Mainly because I do not want to work full-time. I put in an application at Briarcrest before I started this job. They have called me for an Administrative Assistant opening to the Director of academic Affairs at the High School. The job pays less, but the perks are well worth it. Let me explain...I GET THE SUMMERS OFF!!!!! Ok, so that's only one perk. I get either half off or free lunches every day. I only work seven and a half hours, with a thirty minute paid lunch. I get 401K with company matching and stock options. I get a ton of time off during the school year plus sick days. I also get 50% off of tuition when Collin is ready to go to school. The main perk though, is the summer's off. It would be like having the benefits of working and the benefits of being a stay-at-home mom all in one. Plus, Garner will be working again in August so the money won't be as big of an issue. Anyway, I interview tomorrow and I am so excited. Tina, my best pal, works at the middle school and she loves it. Her offices will eventually be moved to the high school, which means we will see each other every day again. (We worked side-by-side at PTS). She is pretty sure they are going to offer me the job seeing as how they love my resume.

If I am offered and do accept the job, I dread telling the staff here at Life Church. I hope and pray they will be understanding that it is an opportunity that I cannot pass up. I kind of feel like I will be "wronging" them in some way because I only started this job on April 10th. I could not foresee this though and I turned in my resume to Briarcrest before I took this job. I feel like I need to do what is best for my family; they are my number one priority, and so I think making the move is the right thing to do.

Well, I don't need to count my eggs before they hatch, it has not "officially" been offered to me yet. So I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger HONEY said...

You're absolutely right in that you need to do what is best for your family. You doing the right thing for your family, in no way is "wronging" anyone else.
Hope you get the job! Having summers off plus the other perks sounds like it will workout great for all 3 of you!
p.s. How's Garner like the clinicals? Any interesting cases?

6/12/06, 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home