Price Family News

The day to day life of our family...no major excitement but full of love and joy.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

5 Years...seems like much longer!

Mine and Garner's five year anniversary is this Friday, August 10th. It seems like it's been longer than that. Not in a bad way. We started dating in December of 1998 so Garner has been a part of my life for a long time now. This December it will be a total of 9 years. My mom passed away when I was 10, so Garner has almost known me as long as my own mother did. He certainly knows me better than she did. It's interesting how your relationship changes as time passes. You get more comfortable, sometimes too comfortable. Some of the things you loved most about that person when you were dating are now some of the things that drive you crazy now that you are married. Kids certainly change things as well as all other events that life just throws at you. I found a "Happy Anniversary" card today for Garner. He never reads this blog so it won't ruin the surprise. It talks about working together, weathering the storms, realizing that marriage takes work, and then reminding the recipieient that when "I" pledged my life to "you", I meant forever and I still do. That's love. You may not always have the butterflies. You weather the ups and downs, but love is not about a bunch of gushy feelings. Feelings fade. Love is about commitment FOREVER and that's what mine and Garner's marriage is about. We certainly face all the "storms" like everyone else and I have to admit that I have those moments when I don't "like" Garner, but we are in this forever, no matter what. God put us together, and that we shall be until death do us part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home