Price Family News

The day to day life of our family...no major excitement but full of love and joy.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Today

It's my birthday today. Nothing special happening. Garner and I went to dinner at Applebee's (I know most people don't like it, but I love it, chicken fajita rollup...yum!) last night, then to a hospital tour. My life is so...old. I'm very blessed and I do enjoy my life, but it's rarely exciting. Any excitement I do get comes from Collin or the occasional girl's night out. Yes, Addison's upcoming arrival has me excited, but you know what I mean. I guess that's just life though. Especially in my case anyway...starting a family so early in life. Garner and I will enjoy more excitement when the kids are older and eventually grown. We might be missing out on some "young fun" now, but we won't be approaching 60 and still raising our kids either. It's funny how people always think the grass is greener on the other side. Some of our friends have stated their jealousy over our blooming family life and we think we might be missing out on some of that freedom that comes without kids. The truth is, life is what you make it, what you allow God to make it. I try to always remember that. So no matter how dull I might think my days are, I try to cherish each one. Like last night. Collin would not go to sleep. He would start to cry every time I left the room. So, even though I was tried and my feet were extremely swollen, I went back and cradled Collin like a baby and rocked and sang him to sleep. How many more times will I be able to do that and how much will I miss it when I can't anymore? They grow up so fast, it's just unbelievable! So, it's my birthday, it's not exciting, but it is certainly full of wonderful family and friends, and that I am thankful for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Honey said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are wise to cherish the "average" day. For in the average there is wonder, if we will but look for it. As one who had a family at a young age, it is delightful to have them while you're young & still be young when they are grown. Then you still have the energy to enjoy them as adults & friends! I am having the time of my life!!!

3/14/07, 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home